Combining the best features of our fitness and outdoor watches, the fēnix 2 is the ideal multisport athlete’s training partner. Whether running, climbing, riding, hiking, paddling, skiing or swimming, the fēnix 2 lets you easily switch between feature sets for easier access to the information you need. Switch from advanced fitness training features like VO2 max, Virtual Partner and recovery advisor to high-sensitivity GPS tracking features like 3-axis compass and TracBack. And with Smart Notification you can stay in touch, even while you’re out testing your mettle.
- FITNESS TRAINING - Real-time performance data such as time, distance, pace, calories, speed, lap data, and heart rate
- RUNNING DYNAMICS - When paired with HRM-Run monitor, fenix 2 provides feedback on running form by measuring cadence, vertical oscillation, and ground contact time INDOOR TRAINING - Built-in accelerometer tracks distance and pace when indoors
- SKI MODE - Ski-Board mode measures 3D speed and distance, time, vertical drop, total runs, auto pause, auto run detection, plus features ski specific data pages, history of runs, and performance data
- SWIM MODE - Indoor and outdoor swim modes that record stroke count, intervals, distance, pace, and time. For pool swimming, also counts lengths, detects stroke type, and computes the user's SWOLF score
- STAY CONNECTED - Automatically uploads data wirelessly to Garmin Connect, LiveTrack and social media (using Garmin Connect mobile app on smartphone). Features Smart Notification so you can receive emails, texts and alerts directly on your fenix 2 watch
- Base Model
- Performance Bundle
- Special Edition Base Model
- Special Edition Performance Bundle
- Tracks distance, pace and heart rate¹
- Calculates recovery time and VO2 max estimate (when used with a heart rate monitor¹)
- HRM-Run™ monitor¹ adds data for cadence, ground contact time and vertical oscillation
- Connected features², including uploads to Garmin Connect and BaseCamp for live tracking and sharing
- High-sensitivity GPS positioning, 3-axis compass with altimeter and barometer
fēnix 2 is packed with training features to tell you about your form and fitness. The first is the VO2 max estimator. When used with a heart rate monitor¹, fēnix 2 crunches data, including your running speed, beats per minute and heart rate variability to estimate the maximum volume of oxygen you can consume per minute. Track changes to your VO2 max to see your fitness gains and to compare with your peers. Other fitness metrics include recovery advisor with a recovery timer and recovery check, plus a Race Predictor, which estimates your ideal finish time based on your current VO2 max number.
fēnix 2 incorporates sophisticated Garmin running watch feedback on your running form by reporting multiple metrics. When used with the HRM-Run monitor¹, fēnix 2 reports your cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time. These metrics are called running dynamics, and they effect your running economy.
The fēnix 2 isn’t just for outdoor fitness; special feature sets help swim training and skiing too. Borrowing from the Garmin Swim, fēnix 2 tracks your distance, pace, stroke count and more. You just tell fēnix 2 the size of the pool you’re swimming in and begin your workout. Ski-Board mode puts speed, distance, vertical drop and an automatic run counter (with Auto Pause for the lift line) and more at your fingertips. You can even use your fēnix 2 as a glove-friendly remote, via ANT+, for the VIRB and VIRB Elite action cameras.
No other navigator GPS plus ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass) wristwatch offers you the combined training functions and our leading GPS technology. fēnix 2 provides comprehensive navigation and tracking functionalities as well as trip information to guide you on and off the beaten track. Its built-in sensors provide information on heading, elevation and weather changes. It’s built to endure the toughest outdoor conditions — and also makes a stylish day-to-day timepiece.
It records a track log creating a GPS “bread crumb trail” as you move. It also allows you to mark waypoints, such as a start/finish line, course check point, or a campsite, vehicle or other point of interest. With fēnix 2, you can create and follow routes, mark up to 1,000 waypoints and store up to 10,000 track points.
Plan trips and share adventures with friends and family using BaseCamp. fēnix is equipped with both ANT+ and Bluetooth capabilities to wirelessly share tracks, waypoints, routes and geocaches with other compatible Garmin devices or smartphones.
fēnix 2 is equipped with ABC sensors to provide relevant real-time information. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing whether you’re moving or not.
fēnix 2 auto-calibrates its ABC sensors using its GPS receiver and also auto sets the time based on location. For an extremely accurate temperature reading, pair it with our tempe™ external temperature sensor.
fēnix 2 combines a strong housing to survive shocks with a curved mineral glass lens to resist scratching. It boasts a large LCD display with a red LED backlight and a robust polyurethane wristband. An alternate fabric wrist strap (with hook-and-loop fastener) is also included with your fēnix 2 to accommodate all wrist sizes and so you can strap it on top of a heavy jacket. fēnix 2 is water rated to 5 ATM (50 meters) and has a battery life of up to 50 hours in GPS mode (depending on settings) and up to 5 weeks in watch mode. Basic watch functions include alarms, tones, vibration alerts, timer, stopwatch and world clock with the ability to display several times zones at once.
Smart Notification lets you receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch, even if you're on the trail. fēnix 2 receives the wireless signal from your iPhone 4s or later, let’s you know you have a message, and displays the full text on its own screen whenever you’re ready to read it.
- fēnix 2 GPS watch
- Fabric wrist strap kit
- USB charging/data cable
- AC adapter
- Quick start manual
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there an advantage to bundling the watch and HRM?
Yes. The HRM gives you a far more accurate calorie burn count for how YOU work out. Without it, all the watch can do is guess.
Whether you buy a bundle or buy them separately doesn't matter, except if one way happens to be cheaper than the other.
Will the band on this watch fit the Garmin vivoactive?
No, it wont.
Add New FAQ
- Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required.