- Hi-res touchscreen High-resolution, sunlight readable, glove-friendly touchscreen display
- Green view button Dedicated button shows true shape and layout of the green by one simple push, and then you can manually move pin to day's location
- Smart notification Receive email, texts and alerts
- Extended battery life Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with up to 10 hours in GPS mode and 6 weeks in watch mode
- Worldwide courses Over 30,000 preloaded worldwide courses and free lifetime course updates
- Touchscreen GPS golf watch with sunlight readable, high-resolution display
- Extra-long life battery lasts up to 10 hours in GPS mode, 6 weeks in watch mode
- Preloaded with more than 30,000 international courses with no subscriptions or fees
- Precise distance to the front, back and middle of greens plus layups and doglegs
- Detailed stat tracking for better analysis of your game
- Receives email, texts and alerts
Rugged and waterproof to 10 meters, Approach S4 is packed with more than 30,000 international courses. It displays yardages to the front, back and middle of greens on a high-resolution, glove-friendly touchscreen. And, it lets you manually position pins, get distances to doglegs and layups, customize yardage points (mark traps and hazards), and print digital scorecards for Stroke Play and Stableford.
S4 features a dedicated Green View button, which takes you to the Green View screen quickly — no more scrolling through a menu. Green View gives you the true shape from wherever you are on the course, even if you’re behind it.
Use the touchscreen to manually move the pin to the day’s location. This is especially helpful on par 3s where you’ll be able to dial in the distance you need to fire away with confidence.
Never miss another text, email or RSS alert. S4 acts as a wireless extension of your iPhone®, displaying whatever your phone does, right on your watch. Now you can read that email or text you’ve been waiting for wirelessly — even in the middle of the fairway.
S4 features more battery life for longer play or more rounds. Get up to 10 hours in full GPS and 6 weeks in watch mode before the lithium-ion battery needs to be recharged.
S4 may be the size of a typical sports watch, but it's preloaded with more than 30,000 international courses — without extra fees or paid subscriptions. And you'll be able to download free course updates whenever they're available.
Approach S4 gives you distances to the front, back and center of the green, as well as distances to doglegs. It also allows you to input and save customizable yardage points — such as water hazards or bunkers — from anywhere on the course.
S4 has digital scorecard options for individual players. Scoring options include Stroke Play and Stableford, so you can save, review, share and print scorecards from your computer. And, when you hit a big one you can see how far it went with the Measure Shot feature.
S4 works like an everyday watch. It also has an odometer to see how far you walk. A round timer keeps track of how long it takes you to play 18 holes. It's available in 2 colors: black or white.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the Approach S4 be charged using a wall plug-in charger?
Yes. Can plug the Garmin into the usb port on a cell phone wall charger.
What is the garmin warranty on the S4?
One year limited warranty.
How do you advance to a different hole. It has skipped back to a hole played?
Hit return sign on left of screen and the up or down arrows on the screen.
Add New FAQ
- Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
- Display Resolution 128 x 128
- Battery Life 10 hours