The Garmin Colorado 400 series is a rugged handheld GPS that is intended to be used while hiking, boating, camping or in the car. It has a wireless feature that allows you to share waypoints, routes, tracks, and geocaches with fellow Colorado users. The Colorado 400 also features a new "Rock N Roller" wheel that is great for single-handed scrolling and can easily navigate through menus and maps.
The Colorado 400 has built-in connectivity with a Garmin heartrate monitor, allowing you to use your GPS as part of a fitness routine. It can also be used with a Bike Cadence Sensor for cyclists.
The Garmin Colorado 400 is the first GPS with Whereigo gameplay built-in. Whereigo is a new adventure game that uses location, Geocaching, roleplaying and puzzle-solving to combine real-world adventure with virtual-world storytelling. It is made by the game company, GroundSpeak, one of the first companies to combine real-world locations with the internet for gameplay.
- Garmin Colorado 400t - preloaded with topographic mapping ($599)
- Garmin Colorado 400i - preloaded with inland lakes mapping ($599)
- Garmin Colorado 400c - preloaded with Bluechart mapping ($599)
- Wirelessly transmit data to other devices
- SD card slot for additional maps or photo viewing
- Photo viewer
- 3" LCD screen 240x400 resolution
- Rock N Roller joystick for easy navigation
- 15 hours battery life
- Dimensions: 2.4" x 5.5" x 1.4"
- Weight: 7.3 oz
- 1000 favorite waypoints
- Digital compass
- Sun and moon information