This innovative two-in-one sealing solution gives you "more ways to seal, more ways to save", making it the perfect appliance for all your short- and long-term food-storage needs. Heat-seal foods like expensive meats and fish for long-term storage in the freezer. For fridge and pantry short-term storage of deli meats, cheese, and more, use the integrated retractable handheld sealer.
The fully automatic V4840 vacuum sealer provides practically foolproof operation. Simply add food to a FoodSaver heat-seal bag and slowly insert the open end of the bag into the vacuum channel of the machine--the unit will begin vacuuming and sealing automatically. With built-in roll storage and a handy cutting bar, the machine can also be used to create custom-size bags.
For added versatility, the countertop appliance comes equipped with a retractable handheld sealer, which removes the air from all FoodSaver and FreshSaver zipper bags, containers, and canisters.
Simply pull the retractable vacuum nozzle out of the unit and place it over the circle valve on the zipper bag, then press the black "accessory" button. For a container, remove the clear piece of the handheld sealer and insert the black vacuum nozzle into the valve on the lid, then press the "accessory" button. In both scenarios, the vacuum will stop automatically once all the air has been removed, sealing in freshness and flavor. You may also end the vacuum cycle by pressing the "accessory" button again.
Use the handheld sealer to vacuum seal deli meats and cheeses, fresh fruit, garden salads, nuts, snacks, and more. To use the marinate cycle, put seasoned food in the FoodSaver square Marinator. Attach the vacuum nozzle and press the "marinate" button above the retractable handheld sealer.
- Starter Kit includes: (1) 11"x10' Roll, (3) Qt Heat-Seal Bags, (2) Gal Heat-Seal Bags, (3) Qt Zipper Bags, (2) Gal Zipper Bags
- Built-in retractable handheld sealer seals zipper bags, canisters, containers and marinates food in minutes
- Moist/Dry food settings for optimal sealing
- Convenient roll storage and bag cutter
- Pull-out drip tray drawer with patented, removable, dishwasher-safe drip tray
Sleek, stylish, and simple to use, the countertop appliance is a must-have for those who love to save money by buying food in bulk and when it's on sale. You can save time in the kitchen by cooking large batches and storing portions for weekly meals, preserving leftovers, freezing large cuts of meat, and much more. Using the FoodSaver system keeps your kitchen clutter-free. You'll be amazed at how much space you have in the freezer, fridge, and pantry.
Put your FoodSaver appliance to use with other household tasks, too. By removing the air and creating a tight seal, the FoodSaver system works not only for food storage, but it can also be used to help prevent tarnished silver, keep travel liquids leak-free, secure important documents, and protect valuable jewelry.
- Fully Automatic Operation - Simply insert open end of bag into the vacuum channel and the machine will sense and grasp the bag, vacuum, seal, and shut-off automatically.
- Seal Button - With the press of a button, seal rolls for custom sized bags or to stop the vacuum process to prevent crushing delicate foods.
- Air-Tight Heat Seal - Thoroughly applies heat to ensure a secure, air-tight seal.
- Extra-Wide Sealing Strip - Provides extra secure, air-tight seal that's two times wider.
- Built-in Roll Storage - Convenient integrated storage for FoodSaver rolls.
- Roll Cutter - Built-in cutter simplifies making custom sized bags.
- Indicator Lights - Lights illuminate when the drip tray is full and when vacuuming and sealing are in progress.
- Retractable Handheld Sealer - Handheld sealer works with all FreshSaver bags and containers and FoodSaver canisters and marinators.
- Accessory Button - Removes air from all FoodSaver and FreshSaver zipper bags, containers, and canisters.
- Auto Moist/Dry Food Detection - Automatically detects whether food is moist or dry and adjusts the seal level accordingly.
- Rapid Marinate Mode - Marinate meat, chicken, fish, tofu, or vegetables in minutes rather than hours.
- Pull-out Drip Tray Drawer - Patented removable drip tray catches overflow liquids and is dishwasher-safe for quick cleanup. The integrated drawer makes cleaning the drip tray easier than ever.
- Cord Storage - Cord tucks away under the unit for compact storage.
- FoodSaver V4840 vacuum sealer
- (1) FoodSaver heat-seal 11-inch by 10-foot roll
- (3) FoodSaver heat-seal quart-size bags
- (2) FoodSaver heat-seal gallon-size bags
- (3) FoodSaver quart-size vacuum zipper bags
- (2) FoodSaver gallon-size vacuum zipper bags
- User manual and recipe book
Frequently Asked Questions
Can it seal in liquids?
Not without making a mess (at least in my experience). But there is a get-around to this problem. Put your liquids in a regular freezer bag/container and freeze it. Then take the frozen liquid out of the regular freezer container and you can vacuum seal the frozen solid liquids with no problem (and no mess).
Ddoes this run 220v?
The one I purchased was only for 110 volt, you will need to contact manufacture to see if they have one that runs on 220v.
Will this unit hold the bigger commercial rolls
It does not, but you can still use them and cut them to size without having the roll "stored" in the machine.
Add New FAQ
Add New Resource