The Fender Jim Adkins JA-90 Telecaster Thinline is a guitar built to Adkins specifications to create the Jimmy Eat World sound. It uses a Seymour Duncan Vintage pickup at the neck and a SP90-3B Custom P-90 pickup at the bridge. This combination can be fine tuned with separate volume and tone control knobs for each and a 3-position toggle switch. The sound is completed with an Adjusto-Matic bridge with anchored tailpiece.
The body is built with a semi-hollow ash to give it a more resonant sound, and the mahogany neck is in a modern C shape with a matching painted headstock. The guitar has 22 medium jumbo frets and chrome hardware, with the Jim Adkins signature on the back of the headstock.
- Body: Semi-Hollow Ash
- Neck: Mahogany, Set Neck, Modern C Shape
- 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan SP90-1NRWRP Vintage P-90 (Neck), SP90-3B Custom P-90 (Bridge)
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic Bridge with Anchored-Tailpiece
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Matching painted headstock
- Jim Adkins signature on back of headstock
- Knurled dome knobs
- JA-90 Telecaster, Rosewood Fretboard, Crimson Red Transparent
- JA-90 Telecaster, Rosewood Fretboard, Ebony Transparent