The EVGA Classified SR-2 motherboard is built to handle two separate Intel 1366 socket processors at the same time. This is aimed at power users who need massive processing power, like extreme gamers, server admins, or people who regularly need to perform large calculations. Some of the most commonly requested features have been integrated as well, like integrated audio, gigabit ethernet, and SATA support.
For those who would rather purchase separate sound cards or intend to use multiple video cards, there are 7 PCI-E slots available. There are also 10 USB 2.0 ports, and 2 USB 3.0 ports. There's room enough for 48GB of DDR3 memory that can be dual or triple channel, and two of the SATA headers run at 600MB/sec.
- Supports Intel Socket 1366 (Xeon 5600/5500)
- Dual or Triple Channel DDR3
- SLI Support 2-way, 3-way, 4-way
- 8 SATA headers, 2 at 600MB/sec and 6 at 300MB/sec
- 10 USB 2.0 ports, 2 USB 3.0 ports
- 7 PCI-E slots
- 8 channel high definition audio
- Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)