It delivers a vicious 40% performance improvement. The improved model has a sophisticated new look and includes a fitted travel case and convenient SmartCord.
The Passport 8500 X50's improved "V-Tuned" radar receiver provides extreme detection range on all police radar: conventional and "instant-on" radar, including the new POP mode radar threat, X-Band, and up to 50% more range than the original Passport 8500 on the all-important K and Ka bands.
The advanced technology that allows for a wide detection range is called digital signal processing (DSP) which provides maximum range, with minimum false alarms.The Passport 8500 X50 also includes our proprietary Traffic Sensor Rejection (TSR) software to eliminate false alerts.
Our enhanced "V-Tuned" radar receiver provides extreme long range warning on all radar: conventional and "instant-on" including POP mode, X-band, K-band, and SuperWide Ka-band. Digital Signal Processing (DSP) provides maximum range, with minimum false alarms.
ESCORT's patented AutoSensitivity mode intelligently identifies real threats from other radar sources. Plus, our exclusive Traffic Signal Rejection (TSR) software rejects interstate traffic sensors making it quiet to own and operate.
PASSPORT's multiple high-performance laser sensors provide maximum laser warning, with superior off-axis protection. For the ultimate in laser protection add the optional ZR4 Laser Shifter.
Choose between Dim, Medium, or Max brightness levels, or fully dark for discreet night driving.
PASSPORT provides three types of meter displays: Standard Bar Graph, exclusive ExpertMeter, and our unique SpecDisplay.
PASSPORT's matrix display uses 280 individual ultra-bright LEDs to provide crystal-clear information for alerts, signal strength and text for programming.
Patented Mute and AutoMute feature automatically reduces the volume level during an alert to eliminate annoyance from long radar encounters.
PASSPORT comes ready to use out of the box. However, you can also instantly customize it for your unique driving preferences, including Power-On indication, Meter type, AutoMute, Brightness level, including full Dark Mode, Audio Tones, and selectable radar and laser bands.
- Operating Bands: X-band 10.525 GHz ± 25 MHz, K-band 24.150 GHz ± 100 MHz, Ka-band 34.700 GHz ± 1300 MHz, Laser 904nm, 33 MHz Bandwidth
- Radar Receiver / Detector Type: Superheterodyne, Varactor-Tuned VCO, Scanning Frequency Discriminator, Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Laser Detection: Quantum Limited Video Receiver, Multiple Laser Sensor Diodes
- Display Type: 280 LED Matrix/Text, Bar Graph, ExpertMeter, SpecDisplay, Three-Level Dimming, plus Dark Mode
- Power Requirement: 12VDC, Negative Ground, Escort SmartCord Included
- Programmable Features: Power-On Indication, Power-On Sequence, Signal Strength Meter, AutoMute, Audio Tones, City Mode Sensitivity, Display Brightness, Dark Mode, Radar / Laser Bands
- Auto Calibration Circuitry
- Mute, AutoMute and SmartMute
PASSPORT 8500 X50, ESCORT zippered travel case, quick-release windshield mount, coiled SmartCord, comprehensive owner's manual and quick reference card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it come with a mount and cord?
Yes. It comes with both.
Is the Radar looking in a 360 degree sweep or just straight ahead ?
A forward facing antenna is what this detector is equiped with. That being said only the Valentine One has a fore & aft antenna.
A 360 degree sweep would require a rotational antenna that rotates 360 degrees. You are unlikely ever to see a sweeping antenna on a radar detector designed as a speed countermeasure.
Whats the range?
Depends on the road highway vs city as well as the type of radar K KA laser ect. Overall you will be pleased with its detection especially when they use Ka or K plenty of warning.
Add New FAQ
- Sensitivity Control City, Auto, Highway