The Energy S8.3 is a performance subwoofer delivering 400 watts dynamic peak amplified power output and 100 watts continuous output. This model features Energy's Ribbed Elliptical Surround technology and downward-firing bass-reflex ports, intended to eliminate sound distortion and increase output and fidelity. The S8.3 also features a fully variable phase control, adjustable to any value from -180 to 180 degrees, allowing the subwoofer to be fine-tuned to improve integration with speaker setups. In addition, this model also features a variable low pass filter, adjustable from 50Hz to 110Hz. A crossover filter switch allows for the variable low pass filter to be disabled for improved integration with a system which already includes bass management.
The main feature setting the S line apart from the rest of Energy's speakers is the inclusion of a forward-facing volume control for the speaker. The S8.3 has less power and somewhat less deep frequency response compared to the S10.3 and S12.3, but is also smaller and lighter.
- 27Hz-120Hz +/- 3dB frequency response
- 100 Watts continuous and 400 Watts dynamic peak amplified power output
- 8" Polypropylene ceramic/glass/mica deposit hybrid cone with ribbed elliptical surround technology
- 50Hz-110Hz @ 18dB/Octave variable low pass filter
- active or bypass settings for the crossover filter switch
- -180° to +180° fully variable phase control
- low level and stereo high level (speaker level) input options
- black or 'shadow silver' finish options
- dimensions: 16.38" x 11.03" x 14.3"
- weight: 25 lbs