The Energy ESW-M8 is a mini subwoofer delivering 1200 watts amplified power output. At nine inches cubed, this model is one of the smallest subwoofers produced by Energy, though it still delivers significant output and includes an internal amplifier. The ESW-M6 has a single active driver as well as two passive radiators. The radiators, combined with Energy's Ribbed Elliptical Surround technology, are intended to minimize surround distortion and allow the subwoofer to play lower with increased fidelity and output. The ESW-M8 also features a fully variable phase control, adjustable to any value from 0 to 360 degrees, allowing the subwoofer to be fine-tuned to improve integration with speaker setups. In addition, this model also features a variable low pass filter, adjustable from 50Hz to 200Hz, as well as having a bypass setting.
Compared to the ESW-M6, the M8 is an inch larger in all dimensions, but delivers greater power and a slightly wider and lower frequency response range.
- single active driver (8-inch Black anodized aluminum cone with inverted Ribbed Elliptical Surround)
- dual passive radiators (8-inch Black anodized aluminum cones with inverted Ribbed Elliptical Surround)
- 36Hz-200Hz frequency response
- 1200 Watt amplified power output
- 50Hz-200Hz variable low pass filter, with bypass setting
- 0° - 360° variable phase control
- On, Off, and Auto power modes
- L + R Line in/Sub in input
- 102.6dB @ 30Hz, ground plane, 1m maximum driver excursion
- high gloss black finish
- dimensions: 9" x 9" x 9"
- weight: 16.7 lbs