The Energy CB-5 Bookshelf Speakers are the smallest unit of the CB series and feature the 2-way design that is characteristic of Energy Bookshelf speakers. Using a bass-reflex enclosure, the speakers contain ports in the speaker cabinet to control the movement of air, resulting in less resonance and improved bass efficiency. The speakers include a 4.5" woofer with Ribbed Elliptical Surround, which lowers distortion, as well as a .75" chambered aluminum dome tweeter, located above the woofer, resulting in more detail in the sound. The woofer and tweeter are also integrated using a Convergent Source Module (CSM), to ensure accurate sound as well as an extensive soundstage. In addition to this, the speakers also include magnetic shielding to ensure that they can be positioned near other A/V devices (such as TVs) without any risk of interference. The CB-5 can also be paired with other speakers in the Energy CB Series for optimal acoustic blending, making it ideal for use as a rear or side speaker in surround-sound configurations.
- MSRP: $180
- release date: February 10, 2009
- high gloss black baffle with black ash cabinet finish
- dimensions: W - 8.7", H - 5.7", D - 7.9"
- weighs 6.6lbs per speaker
- recommended amplifier power is 20-100 W /channel
- frequency response - 71Hz-20kHz
- 4.5-inch woofer
- aluminum dome tweeter
- includes rubber bumpers for tabletop placement