Designed by a scientist and mother of two preschoolers, My First Microscope allows kids to see a magnified hidden world with ease! This fully functional microscope is a real tool with two extra-large eyepieces and a chunky, kid sized focusing knob. A bright LED with easy push-button action lights up details for even more discoveries.
Get preschoolers excited about science and introduce them to the miracles of magnification with My First Microscope! Magnify any small object—flat or three-dimensional—at 8x with this real, working microscope designed especially for little ones!
- Even preschoolers can see a magnified hidden world with ease, thanks to 2 extra-large eye-pieces and a chunky, kid-sized focusing knob!
- Examine everything from a rock to a penny, stamp, or leaf in magnified 3-D with this fully functional dissecting microscope!
- Encourages an early love of scientific investigation and discovery!
- Features 8x magnification, simple focusing knobs, LED light for enhanced viewing, non-skid feet, and sample tray.
- Requires 3 AAA batteries (not included).
- Rewards curiosity, Introduces kids to a key scientific tool
- Toy of the Year Award Finalist (2015).
- Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Seal Award (2014).
- Parents' Choice Silver Award (2014).
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this significantly different than getting your child a magnifying glass?
This item is designed to give kids a feel for what a microscope does. It's a little more powerful than most children's magnifying glasses. It also gives children the experience of focusing with focusing knobs. Further, it has a light for helping to illuminate details. This is a great way to begin talking to young children about the fact that things exist that you cannot ordinarily see and that tools like a microscope allow people to view small items and details.
What kind of detail you can see with the 8 time magnification?
It works pretty much like a magnifying glass shaped as a microscope and with a built-in light. Kids are more intrigued by the looks of this device than by what they can actually see through it.
Are the batteries just for the light-up function, or are they required for basic use?
They are just for the light, if there is enough room or sunlight they are not needed.
Add New FAQ
- Battery 3 AAA batteries (not included)
- Age 3-6 years old
- Origin China
Add New Resource