DC59 is Dyson’s latest Digital Slim cordless vacuum cleaner. It’s powered by the Dyson digital motor V6, which spins up to 110,000 times
a minute – up to 3 times faster than conventional motors. This 350W motor has a higher wattage than its predecessor and contributes to the machine’s ability to produce powerful suction. DC59 is the most powerful cordless vacuum. 15 cyclones, arranged across two tiers, work in parallel to capture microscopic dust. Each cyclone has been re-engineered to increase airflow and generate high centrifugal forces.
Dyson engineers put the same thought into developing floor tools as Dyson cyclones. DC59 comes with the latest motorized cleaner head, engineered to be lighter and improve debris pick-up. The newly configured brush bar consists of carbon fiber filaments to remove fine dust from hard floors and nylon bristle strips to remove ground-in dirt from carpets. The cleaner head is now also wider than its predecessors, the DC35 and DC44, providing greater surface coverage. DC59 Animal also comes with a Mini motorized tool for tough tasks such as removing hair and dirt from upholstery and confined spaces.
It has a run-time enhancing trigger – on when you need it, off when you don’t. The trigger grip releases instantly, meaning battery power is only used for cleaning – allowing 26 minutes of cleaning time (6 minutes on boost). For fade-free power, DC59 uses a re-engineered nickel manganese cobalt battery, customized to deliver the level of power and battery life that the machine needs. It transmits 1.5 times more power than its predecessor.
- Run-time enhancing trigger: Many other cordless vacuums remain switched on from the moment cleaning starts. Battery power is wasted between cleaning tasks. Dyson Digital Slim vacuums have a run-time enhancing trigger. Trigger grip releases instantly, meaning battery power is only used for cleaning. It allows 26 minutes of cleaning time (6 minutes on boost). On when you need it, off when you don’t.
- Re-engineered nickel manganese cobalt battery: The new battery transmits 1.5 times more power than the battery in DC44 and is customized to provide fade-free power. There’s a Boost mode button on the back of the machine which, when activated, provides up to 6 minutes of increased suction power for more difficult tasks.
- Extra tools: DC59 Animal comes with a Mini motorised tool for tough tasks such as removing hair and dirt from upholstery and confined spaces. It also has combination tool which converts from a nozzle to a brush tool for dusting and a crevice tool for cleaning in tight gaps and narrow spaces.
- Balanced for floor to ceiling cleaning: The DC59 has a detachable wand and tools for cleaning up top, down below and in-between. With the wand detached, the handheld vacuum can be used to clean stairs and inside a car or boat. And with its ergonomic design, DC59 fits naturally into the shape of the hand – with its center of gravity located towards the grip for easy handling.
- Docking station: When not in use, DC59 slots into a docking station for charging. The station also holds the additional tools and attachments.
- Hygienic bin emptying: The bin on a Dyson vacuum cleaner is transparent so you can see when it needs emptying – and just how much dust, dirt and pet hair your new Dyson vacuum has picked up. It is hygienic to empty – just push the button to release the dirt.
- 2 year parts and labor warranty: Your Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner is likely to take a few knocks and bashes during everyday use – but that’s nothing compared to what Dyson puts its machines through during testing and development. All Dyson Digital Slim cordless vacuum cleaners undergo a lengthy and rigorous testing program. That’s why DC59 Animal comes with a 2 year warranty – parts and labor.
- DC59 cordless vacuum
- Operating manual
- Quick start guide
- Mini motorized tool
- Combination accessory tool
- Crevice tool
- NMC battery
- Docking station with charger
- Product registration card
- 2 year warranty
- The Dyson Digital Motor V6 DC59 is powered by the Dyson digital motor V6. This power-dense 350W motor spins at up to 110,000rpm – up to three times faster than conventional motors – and delivers 50% more power than its predecessor, the Dyson digital motor V2, used in DC44. This contributes to DC59’s ability to produce such powerful suction.
- 2 Tier Radial Cyclones Dyson has been continually refining cyclone vacuum technology since inventing it more than 20 years ago. DC59 has new 2 Tier Radial cyclones – an arrangement of 15 cyclones, working in parallel, across two tiers. Each cyclone has been re-engineered to increase airflow and generate high centrifugal forces, to capture fine dust. Airflow is channeled through the center of the cyclone assembly, maximizing suction power. Dirty air enters the outer cyclone and is spun around a vertical axis, generating centrifugal forces that fling larger debris and hair from the airflow into the bin. A shroud within the outer cyclone means it captures more large debris, allowing refinement of the inner cyclones to capture fine dust. The air then passes through the 15 inner cyclones working in parallel. Vortex fingers guide air from inner cyclones reducing turbulence and noise.
- Carbon Fiber Cleaner Head Technology DC59 Animal has the latest motorized cleaner head, with 100% more cleaner head power than the DC35 to drive bristles deeper into the carpet with more force. The newly configured brush bar consists of carbon fiber filaments to remove fine dust from hard floors and nylon bristle strips to remove ground-in dirt from carpets. A self-tightening mechanism keeps the brush bar stable and a dust capture channel prevents dirt from escaping back to the floor, increasing pick-up. The floor tool has been engineered to be lighter and wider compared to DC44, providing greater surface coverage. Its low profile cleaner head stays flat to the floor when the machine is fully reclined. And the neck has been slightly extended, making the machine taller and putting less strain on the user. For easier steering, it has improved V-Ball technology. With the V-Ball located closer to the head for an improved turning circle, the floor tool steers smoothly with no awkward moves.
Frequently Asked Questions
Since this has a non-replaceable battery and Li-ion batteries die after a few years, doesn't that mean you'll have to spend another $500 soon?
No you will not! there are replacement battery packs you can get, even here on Amazon. I own a DC44 and the battery pack is a 6 cell 2000 MaH battery from factory, so if you get one aftermarket you have to get at least 2000Mah or you will have less run time if you don't. They will have replacements for this model as well as soon as they update their products. I don't know the spec on the DC59 though. ******edit***** 2/18/14 I now own a DC59 Animal and what a difference in suction!!! Way better. the battery has 2100 MaH battery pack and is now held in place by small screw. But still easy to replace and yes Dyson sells them for around $70 each and a charger for about $30
What comes with the vacuum?
I don't know where your all located but in America it is only the DC59 Animal available as of now which has the floor combo motorized head, the crevice tool, the combo tool, and the last one is the mini motorized tool for car or couches and things, and of course the docking station. Now there will be a DC59 'Not the Animal' that is just the vacuum alone and charger I believe. I would go to BBB and get your 20 percent off like I did and it is only 399$ and it is the DC59 Animal. So if it states 'Dyson DC59 Animal' it has everything I stated if it states just 'Dyson DC59' then it is just the vacuum and the charger. ****edit**** 2/18/20 I see the model here is called DC58 for just the vacuum and charger no attachments or wall stand
Easy to swap out a battery? "Extra" battery cost? Having an extra charged battery to swap batteries for longer run time. Practical?
Yes, very easy to swap out the battery. Press grey button on pistol grip and battery drops out the bottom. Also, the charger plugs into battery and not machine so you can charge a battery whilst machine is being used elsewhere. But I haven't found the need. Spare charger (not with docking station) would be $30 and spare battery would be $70 (prices form dyson.com). But I can't really see the need unless you were being a particularly heavy user such as using it to attach to your power tools to suck away saw dust as you worked. Battery life and working time were actually studied by Dyson to determine how long people actually spend using a vacuum. The answer was "a lot less than they think".
Add New FAQ
- Tools Included Crevice tool, Combination accessory tool, Mini motorized tool
- Battery Charge Time 3.5 hours
- Battery Run Time 26 mins cleaning time (6 min on boost)
- Battery Type Nickel maganese cobalt/Li-Ion
- Bin Capacity 0.12 gal
- Suction Power 28/100 a/w
- Origin Made in USA or Imported
Add New Resource