DYMO delivers a convenient, affordable and hassle free alternative to sheet fed labels. With a QWERTY display and easy to use menu and formatting keys the 1 LM 160 makes labeling easy and gets the job done fast. The DYMO LabelManager 160 label maker is the easy, affordable way to start. Just type your text on the familiar, computer-style keyboard--a feature you won't find on comparably priced label makers.
Use the label maker's one-touch fast-formatting keys to quickly format text with bold, italics, underlining and more. Preview your label on the large display--see all text and formatting as it will appear on the label, before you print. Then press the "print" button--that's all it takes to create great-looking labels the first time and every time.
- Logical button flow makes labeling faster and easier, from start to print
- 195 symbols and clipart
- Auto-off power saver
- AC adapter compatible (sold separately)
- Uses DYMO D1 labels in 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" widths
- Computer-style keyboard for easy typing
- Edit text easily with one-touch fast-formatting keys
- Preview before printing with large LCD display
- 6 font sizes, 8 text styles, 4 boxes, plus underline
- 228 symbols and clip-art images
- Last-label memory--reprint, without retyping
- DYMO LabelManager 160 label maker
- DYMO D1 1/2-inch black-on-white starter label cassette
- Quick start guide
- One-year limited warranty card
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the tape need to be purchased separately - or does it come with your first roll?
It comes with a roll of 1/2" x 10' black print on white labels. The rolls purchased afterwards in the 1/2" width are 23' long and last quite a bit longer than the first roll will last, especially if you calculate in the misprints during the learning curve!
Which one is better,this one or the rhino 4200?
If you are going to make labels like at a work station the Rhino 4200 would work better then taking it everywhere you go, the Dymo Labelmanager 160 is just as easy to use handheld vs having to find a place to sit it down on to use. Both are great products.
Does it waste a lot of tape when printing? The "Brother PT1290" prints the label on a longer piece than necessary.
No-it does not waste tape. This one is easy to use efficiently.
Add New FAQ
The DYMO LabelManager 160 label maker is compact and lightweight for portability and easy labeling of just about anything. It runs on six AAA batteries (not included) or an optional AC adapter (sold separately). To extend the battery life, the unit's auto power-off function turns the label maker off when not in use.
- Batteries 6 AAA batteries required.