The Dropcam Pro is a digital video camera intended for use as a monitoring device, primarily for home use. This model is an upgraded version of the original Dropcam. The main upgrades include better low-light performance, 8x zoom, a wider angle of vision and improved audio quality. It pairs with Dropcam's cloud service, which allows users to watch recorded video from any connected device. It is also possible to watch the live feed from multiple devices, such as PCs, laptops or smartphones. The Dropcam Pro is more versatile than a typical surveillance camera in that it also includes a microphone. This means that users can interact with the subjects of the video feed. Certain other features, like scheduling, push notifications, or automated surveillance based on the user's location, enhance this product's functionality.
- Improved optics over original Dropcam
- Fast setup time
- 130-degree field of view
- Night Vision mode
- Integrated microphone
- Location-based automated operation
- Push notifications sent to connected devices
- Cloud video recording
- Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi connectivity
- Pro HD Camera
- Aluminum stand
- Wall mounting hardware
- 10-foot USB cable
- USB power adapter
- High Speed Internet: DSL, Cable, FiOS
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer 7+, Firefox 3+, Safari 3+, Chrome
- Optional Devices: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and/or Android Device
- Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n (WEP, WPA, WPA2 encryption supported)
- iOS Mobile Setup works with iPhone 4S (or later) including iPhone 5,5C, and 5S & iPad 3 or later
Frequently Asked Questions
Does dropcam require the CVR subscription to view and/or save video?
Yes. You cannot record directly to your own devices.
Can Dropcam support multiple wifi networks? For example, if "home1" wifi goes down, can the camera be configured to failover to "home2"?
According to their knowledge base, you'd have to set it up again to change networks. They do have a feature request for this.
Add New FAQ
- Night Vision High-power infrared LEDs
- Audio Speaker and microphone
- Field of View 130 degrees
- Video H.264 encoding, up to 1080HD (1920 x 1080) at 30 frames/sec
- Camera Color with digital zoom
- Power 5V DC, 2.0A