The Dropcam HD Wi-Fi Wireless Video Monitoring Camera works with Wi-Fi to stream live video of the activities going on in a home or small business, and to record it. This camera plays in 720p HD with two-way audio and its AES 256-bit encryption protects the video. The camera has night vision with internal infrared LEDs and it can digitally pan and zoom. In addition, one camera has a view of a whole room.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it work if the power goes out?
Dropcam does not have a battery so it will not stay on if the power goes out. Nonetheless, it will automatically start itself back up and reconnect to the network when the power comes back on. In addition, the Dropcam settings include an alert that the power or internet has gone off.
Is the Dropcam waterproof?
No, it is not waterproof as it is intended for indoor use.
Add New FAQ
- 1280 x 720p HD video resolution at 30 frames/second (fps)
- H.264 video compression produces HD video with less bandwidth and memory
- Two-way audio so you can hear and respond to events
- AES 256-bit encryption securely protects your video with bank-level security
- 802.11 b/g/n compatible to connect easily to many wireless Wi-Fi networks
- Internal infrared LEDs for night vision
- 107° field of view so you see the entire room using only one camera
The Dropcam can be easily set up in 60 seconds by choosing the correct wireless internet network on a PC or Mac. Dropcam will connect to the internet network and set up security on its own. No software is necessary for installation.
The free Dropcam iPhone app and Dropcam for Android give the opportunity to watch videos on numerous devices, including the iPhone, iPad and Android phones. The free Dropcam app is available at:
- iPhone: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dropcam/id351175162
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dropcam.android
- Video Resolution 1280 x 720p HD
Add New Resource