Simple, Safe. And proven to benefit your pets health. The Drinkwell Pet Fountain is the way to show your pets just how much you care. Our research shows that one of the best ways to improve your pets health is to get them to drink more water. And the best way to do that is with the Drinkwell Pet Fountain.By using a 5-inch falling stream of water, the pet fountain continually aerates your pets water with healthful oxygen. A charcoal filter also removes bad tastes and odors, giving your pet the best possible and most appealing way top stay hydrated The Drinkwell Original Pet Fountains are ideal for cats and dogs up to 50 lbs.
- Provides constant stream of water that encourages your pets to drink more
- Patented 5-inch free-falling stream
- Holds 50 ounces of flowing water
- For use in the US only
- Patented free-falling stream adds more oxygen for freshness, encouraging pets to drink more water.
- Replaceable activated carbon filter removes bad tastes and odors for fresher, better-tasting water.
- Constant circulation inhibits bacteria growth in between cleanings.
- Receiving ramp reduces splash and sound of falling water.
- Adjustable flow control to increase or decrease flow of water.
- BPA-Free plastic is top-shelf dishwasher safe (excluding pump) for easy cleaning.
- Power cord is 6-feet long with inline connection for easy disassembly.
Dr. Mary Burns, DVM was inspired to develop the first pet fountain when she witnessed her cat trying to get to her dripping faucet for a drink. She wanted to replicate the falling water, which enticed her cat to drink, into a product that was easy and accessible for her cat. The Drinkwell Original Pet Fountain was born. Its patented, free-falling stream aerates the water with healthful oxygen and an activated carbon filter removes bad tastes and odors. The Original Fountain satisfies your pet’s urge for fresh, running water and encourages them to get the proper hydration essential to their health.
To check if your pet is dehydrated, gently grab a loose fold of skin, either on the back of the neck or in between the shoulder blades and release. If the skin snaps back into place, your pet should be okay. If the skin slowly returns into place, your pet could be dehydrated and may need to be checked by a veterinarian. On average, your pet should drink one ounce of water per pound of weight daily.
The activated carbon replacement filters are made of coconut shells. The coconut shells are put through a process called carbonization, which removes all other elements other than carbon. The carbon is then ‘activated’ by adding back oxygen, creating a material suitable for adsorption. Activated carbon absorbs basic water contaminants, as well as chlorine from tap water. This helps improve the taste and remove odors from basic drinking water.
Veterinarians recommend fountains because the moving water encourages pets to drink more for proper hydration. The free-falling stream also adds oxygen for freshness, making the water more appealing to drink. Proper hydration promotes healthy kidney function, cushions and lubricates joints, speeds recovery time for sick or injured pets and helps your pet’s body with temperature regulation.
Frequently Asked Questions
I own this fountain, if it have any reservoir bigger?
Yes! You can buy bigger separate water reservoirs that attach to the back of the fountain. Am
Does this come with the 50 oz. Reservoir as shown on the back on second picture? Or do you have to buy the 50 oz. Reservoir separately?
It does not come with the extra reservoir.
Add New FAQ
- Fits Cats and dogs up to 50 lbs.
Add New Resource