The Phantom 3 Advanced continues the proud tradition of DJI's Phantom series and brings several important innovations to the Phantom's rich feature set. The Phantom 3 Advanced carries a fully stabilized 3-axis 1080p full HD video camera for smooth, crisp videos and still photos. To allow you to see what the drone sees, DJI has engineered a new generation of their Lightbridge technology that allows 720p HD digital streaming of live video directly from the drone. You can control the camera and see video in real time as you fly and you can even share the video using the DJI Pilot app's advanced features. To aid indoor flying, the Phantom 3 Advanced includes an integrated array of optical and ultrasonic sensors call Vision Positioning that allows you to fly precisely indoors without a GPS signal. The Phantom 3 Advanced includes all the tried-and-true features you'd expect from a DJI drone, including GPS navigation with auto takeoffs and auto landings, intelligent high power flight battery, a built-in safety database of no fly zones, and a powerful mobile app for your iOS or Android device.
- 1080p full HD video recording with fully stabilized 3-axis gimbal
- Lightbridge digital streaming allows live viewing of 720p video (full resolution video is simultaneously recorded on the internal micro SD card)
- Vision Positioning system allows stable flight indoors
- Included flight battery and rechargeable remote controller means this system is ready to fly out of the box
- DJI Pilot app for iOS and Android allows live viewing and complete camera control (phone/tablet separately; see DJI's website for compatible models)
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it come with one controller?
What is the flight range?
DJI claims a longer flight range than the Phantom 2, including better FPV (monitor display of camera). US rules say we have to fly LOS (Line of Sight), so anything longer than 1/2 mile is fairly useless anyway (you will lose your drone easier too!). In perfect conditions this drone may achieve a 1.5 to 2km range - but, again, that's not how it's meant to be used.
Will the Phantom 3 fit in a Phantom 2 carrying case/bag?
Unfortunately most Phantom 2 cases will not accommodate the Phantom 3 as the P3 has slightly wider and taller landing legs. The remote for the P3 also is very different from that of the P2 and if you were looking to modify a P2 case to make a P3 case work you work, quite a bit of modification would be needed.
Add New FAQ
- Video Capture Format HD, 1080p
- Optical Zoom 1x
- Optical Sensor Technology CMOS
- Lithium Battery Voltage 15.2 Volts
- Digital Zoom 3x
- Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
Add New Resource