The Digital Storm Maelstrom is a PC built for gamers. The Sniper features a strong aluminum case that is over an inch wider than those of the Maelstrom and Ironclad. Another unique feature is front panel, which has bay space set aside for multiple optical drives, I/O panels, and a fan cooler. It has more memory than the Maelstrom, and while the native speed of the CPU is higher than the Ironclad they are overclocked to operate at the same rate. The main processor is an Intel Core i7 960, which natively clocks at 3.20GHz but is overclocked at 3.7GHz. The system has 6MB of DDR3 memory clocked at 1600MHz.
Internal pull out hard drive caddies allow for quick addition or exchange of hard drives. The front features a large 200mm front intake LED fan, with the main exhaust being at the top where there is space for two 120mm fans. Access to ports for USB, headphones, Fire Wire and eSATA is on the back. Liquid cooling systems are enabled by 2 rear retaining holes.
- Digital Storm Sniper with NVIDIA GTX 480 1.5GB graphics - MSRP $2,366
- Digital Storm Sniper with ATI Radeon 5970 2GB graphics - MSRP $2,584
- Overclocked Stable to 3.7GHz
- Includes Windows 7 Installed
- CPU: Intel Core i7 960 3.20GHz
- Memory: 6GB DDR3 1600MHz
- Liquid cooling enabled via 2 rear retaining holes
- Internal pull out hard drive caddies
- 200mm front intake blue LED fan
- Top mesh grill has space for two 120mm exhaust fans
- Dimensions: 21.7in x 10in x 22.3in