The Dell XPS 17 3D is a high-end laptop similar to the Dell XPS 17. The main difference between the two models is, as the name suggests, 3D capability: the XPS 17 3D offers full active shutter 3D technology as well as Nvidia 3DTV Play technology. Otherwise, the two models sport similar specs including: second generation Intel Core i7 and i5 processor options, up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM, Nvidia GT500M-series graphics options and USB 3.0 ports.
The XPS 17 3D offers full multimedia 3D by way of its 17" 1080p panel which displays images at 120 frames per second--60 fps for both the left and right eyes--and included active shutter glasses. Its Nvidia 3DTV Play technology allows the XPS 17 3D to output games and other media via HDMI to compatible 3DTVs for big screen 3D gaming. Meanwhile, the XPS 17 3D's Nvidia GT500M-series graphics options allow it to handle even the most demanding DirectX 11 titles with minimal slowdown.
- 17" 1080p display
- Includes active shutter glasses for 3D media
- Nvidia 3DTV Play technology
- Processor options: Intel Core i7 2820QM, i7 2720QM, i7 2630QM, i7 2620M, i5 2520M, i5 2410M
- Graphics options: NVIDIA GT555M GeForce, NVIDIA GT550M GeForce
- Up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM
- 2x USB 3.0 ports
- JBL 2.1 Designed & Certified Speakers +Waves MaxxAudio 3