The Dell XPS 15 (2011) is a high-end laptop that attempts to improve upon the previous year's model. The biggest improvement to the XPS 15 is a selection of second generation Intel Core i7 processors (i7 2820QM, i7 2720QM, i7 2620M) as well as updated GPU options (NVIDIA GT540M GeForce, NVIDIA GT525M GeForce). Additionally, the XPS 15 boasts USB 3.0, a 15.6" HD display and up to 750GB of hard drive or up to 256GB solid state storage.
The XPS 15's second generation Intel Core i7 processor options ensure smooth performance during day-to-day use while also offering extreme multitasking performance while consuming less battery life compared to first generation Core i processors. Its Nvidia GeForce graphics options allow the XPS 15 to handle high definition video while providing DirectX 11-level gaming capability. Meanwhile, the XPS 15's USB 3.0 ports allow it to transfer data to and from USB 3.0 devices at ten times the speed of USB 2.0.
- 15.6" HD display
- Second generation Intel Core i7 processor options
- NVIDIA GT540M GeForce, NVIDIA GT525M GeForce graphics options
- USB 3.0
- Up to 750GB of hard drive or up to 256GB solid state storage
- 8x DVD+/-RW (standard), Blu-ray Disc combo (reads Blu-ray Disc & writes to CD/DVD)
- 2.0MP HD webcam with single digital mic (H.264)