The Dell Precision M6600 is a 17.3" high-end business/workstation laptop similar to the 15.3" Dell Precision M4600. Other than display size, the main differences between the two models are graphics options (the M6600 offers Nvidia Quadro 3000M, 4000M, 5010M and AMD FirePro M8900 instead of Quadro 1000M, 2000M and FirePro M5950) and storage options (the M6600 sports SSD and Raid 5 hard drive options). Otherwise, the two laptops sport similar features, including Intel Sandy Bridge processor options, up to 32GB of DDR3 RAM and USB 3.0.
The Precision M6600's AMD FirePro graphics card option allows it to support up to 3 displays simultaneously by way of AMD's EyeFinity technology while its Nvidia options offer 3D media viewing and Optimus switching technology for improved battery life; both GPU types offer high definition video playback and high-end graphical capabilities. Its Intel Sandy Bridge processor options ensure that the Precision M6600 can handle even the most intense use with minimal slowdown. Meanwhile, the Precision M6600's SSD hard drive options offer read/write speeds far superior to traditional hard disks for faster overall system performance.
- Intel Core i 2nd-generation Sandy Bridge processor option
- 17.3" PremierColor 100% color correct RGB LED display in HD (1366 x 768) or FHD (1920 x 1080) resolution
- Up to 32GB of DDR3 RAM (or up to 16GB at 1600MHz)
- Nvidia Quadro 3000M, 4000M, 5010M and AMD FirePro M8900 mobile GPU options
- Nvidia Optimus switching technology
- USB: 2 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0 and one combination USB 2.0 and eSATA
- Raid 5 support
- SSD and hard disk drive options