The Dell Latitude E6520 is a high-end business laptop released as part of Dell's E-series to take advantage of the recent releases in computer hardware, like the second generation of Intel i5 and i7 processors. This laptop has a lot in common with the Latitude E6420 and is mainly different in its bigger screen size of 15.6 inches.
Like other laptops in Dell's E-series, the most basic form of this system is capable of handling most home and office based programs. Upgradable hardware would increase performance in the case of having many more programs operating simultaneously or high video processing programs such as gaming. The system's processor, memory, and hard drives can be chosen to meet desired performance and, unlike cheaper laptops in the E-series, a discrete graphics option is available in the form of the NVIDIA 4200M. The system's design is intended to meet the user's needs in both style and reliability: the laptop has a metallic protective casing and a spill resistant keyboard that can also be backlit to remain visible in dark areas.
- 15.6 inch screen
- dimensions: 384mm x 258mm x 32.40mm
- weight: 5.52 lbs (2.50kg)
- battery options: 4-cell, 6-cell, 9-cell
- processor options: Intel i5, or i7 (second generation)
- memory: 2 - 8GB DDR3 1033Mhz
- graphics: Intel HD Graphics, NVIDIA 4200M (DDR3 512M) discrete
- file storage options: 500GB, 320GB encrypted, 256GB solid state
- DVD optical drive
- Operating System: Windows 7 Home to Ultimate
- Optional built-in microphone and HD camera
- wireless LAN, mobile broadbrand, and bluetooth options
- 4 USB ports and multi card reader