The Dell Latitude E6420 is a high-end business laptop and a part of Dell's Latitude E-series. The laptop features a lot of the most recent computer hardware including the second generation of Intel i5 and i7 processors.
The system features many similarities with the more expensive Latitude E6520 and differs mainly in its smaller screen size of 14 inches. Other hardware specifications include a metallic, armored design intended to be both stylish and functional with protective casings and a spill-resistant keyboard. The keyboard also has the option to become backlit and remain operational in dark areas while on business trips. As a more expensive laptop the most basic specifications are capable of handling multiple home and office programs at once, but upgrades are available in the form of extra memory and solid state drive space for even more performance. Unlike the lower models in the Latitude E-series, a discrete graphics option is available that can handle high level video processing such as gaming programs.
- 14 inch screen
- dimensions: 352mm x 241mm x 32.40mm
- weight: 4.56 lbs (2.07kg)
- battery options: 4-cell, 6-cell, 9-cell
- processor options: Intel i5, or i7 (second generation)
- memory: 2 - 8GB DDR3 1033Mhz
- graphics: Intel HD Graphics, NVIDIA 4200M (DDR3 512M) discrete
- file storage options: 500GB, 320GB encrypted, 256GB solid state
- DVD optical drive
- Operating System: Windows 7 Home to Ultimate
- Optional built-in microphone and HD camera
- wireless LAN, mobile broadbrand, and bluetooth options
- 4 USB ports and multi card reader