The Dell Latitude E5520 is a business laptop aimed to be a more affordable alternative to the more expensive options in Dell's Latitude E-Series. This model shares a lot in common with the E5420 and differs mainly with its larger 15.6 inch display.
The E5520 features the same updated hardware as the E5420: the second generation of Intel i5 and i7 processors, up to 8GB of DDR3 memory, and an optional solid state drive for very fast access to important data. Although price and performance will vary greatly depending on hardware choices, even the most basic model will handle most home and office programs and tasks. Other hardware options have business needs in mind, such as a high definition camera for video conferencing and a back-lit keyboard for working in dark areas. Although the latest mobile technology has improved battery life for laptop platform, the system's battery can also be upgraded from a standard 4 cell to a 6 or 9 cell option.
- 15.6 inch business laptop
- dimensions: 388mm x 251mm x 33.2mm
- weight: 2.33kg
- battery options: 4-cell, 6-cell, 9-cell
- processor options: Intel i3, i5, or i7 (second generation)
- memory: 1 - 8GB DDR3 1033Mhz
- file storage options: 500GB, 320GB encrypted, 128GB solid state
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
- DVD optical drive
- Operating System: Windows 7 Home to Ultimate
- Optional built-in microphone and HD camera
- wireless LAN, mobile broadbrand, and bluetooth options
- 4 USB ports and multi card reader