The Dell Latitude E5420 is a 14 inch business laptop with a lower price point than other models in Dell's Latitude E-series. Despite the lower price, this system still includes many features of higher-end models, including compatibility with the second generation of i5 and i7 Intel processors.
Similar to most laptops, the E5420 has several options when it comes to key hardware components that will directly effect the cost and performance output of the system. Although the power of the components included in the system's most basic model are sufficient for most home and office tasks, those looking for a more capable system can find it by upgrading the processor, memory, and storage devices in the laptop. Memory starts at 1 GB and can be increased to 8 GB (DDR3, 1033Mhz), while storage options include solid state drives, both of which allow for much faster access to important data. The laptop's keyboard also has an additional feature: a back light to illuminate keys when being used in the dark. This light can also be turned off when not needed to conserve battery power.
- 14 inch business laptop
- dimensions: 350mm x 240mm x 32.5mm
- weight: 2.04kg
- battery options: 4-cell, 6-cell, 9-cell
- processor options: Intel i3, i5, or i7 (second generation)
- memory: 1 - 8GB DDR3 1033Mhz
- file storage options: 500GB, 320GB encrypted, 128GB solid state
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
- DVD optical drive
- Operating System: Windows 7 Home to Ultimate
- Optional built-in microphone and HD camera
- wireless LAN, mobile broadbrand, and bluetooth options
- 4 USB ports and multi card reader