The Dell Inspiron 13z is an entry-level 13.3" laptop that is meant to improve upon the previous year's model. Its most evident improvement is its aluminum lid and palm rests while also boasting a thinner chassis at just under an inch. Additionally, the 2011 13z boasts Sandy Bridge processor options and USB 3.0 ports over the 2010 model.
The Inspiron 13z's aluminum lid and palm rests allow it to better hold up to everyday use and abuse with the palm rests in particular warding off discoloration that can occur with plastic chassis. Its Sand Bridge i3 and i5 processor options allow the Inspiron 13z to handle more demanding tasks and moderate multitasking with little effort. Meanwhile, the Inspiron 13z's USB 3.0 ports allow it to be compatible with USB 3.0 devices, taking full advantage of USB 3.0's 5Gbps transfer rates. The Dell Inspiron 13z is available in Diamond Black or Fire Red.
- 13.3" LED display @ 1366 x 768
- Intel Core i3 and i5 Sandy Bridge processor options
- Up to 8GB of RAM
- Aluminum chassis construction
- Integrated Intel HD graphics
- SRS Premium Sound HD
- Intel Wireless Display technology and HDMI video out
- USB 3.0
- Available in Diamond Black or Fire Red