The Dell Alienware M14x is a high-end 14" gaming laptop similar to the 11.6" Dell Alienware M11x R3. The M14x sports a few differences and improvements as compared to the M11x R3, namely: a higher resolution option (1600 x 900 as well as 1366 x 768 whereas the M11x R3 only offers the latter), fewer RAM options (the M14x only offers up to 8GB of RAM, the M11x R3, up to 16GB) and different Sandy Bridge processor options (i7 2820QM, i7 2720QM, i7 2630QM--the M11x R3 offers an i5 option and a less-powerful i7). Otherwise, the two sport similar features, including Nvidia GeForce GT500-series graphics, high-definition audio and SSD hard drive options.
The M14x's Intel Core i7 Sandy Bridge processor options ensure a high degree of performance even during heavy multitasking while consuming less battery life than equivalent 1st generation Intel Core i7 processors. Its Nvidia GeForce GT500-series graphics options allow the M14x to handle the latest DirectX 11 games at higher settings competently while also offering high definition media playback. Meanwhile, the M14x's SSD (solid state drive) options offer read/write speeds far superior to standard hard disks for faster system performance.
- Intel Core i7 2820QM, i7 2720QM, i7 2630QM processor options
- Up to 8GB of RAM
- Up to 750GB HDD, up to 256GB SSD
- Nvidia 500-series mobile graphics
- 14" LCD display @ 1366 x 768 or 1600 x 900
- High-definition 5.1 Performance Audio
- 2.0 Megapixel HD Video and Picture Camera with dual digital microphones
- 1x HDMI 1.4 Audio and Video Output