The Dell Alienware M11x R3 is a mid-range to high-end gaming laptop and is a refresh of the previous year's Dell Alienware M11x. The M11x R3 improves upon the M11x by offering Intel Sandy Bridge processor options (i5 2537M and i7 2617M) and updated Nvidia 500-series mobile graphics. Otherwise, the M11x R3 and M11x sport similar features: an 11.6" LCD display, up to 16GB of RAM, high-definition 5.1 Performance Audio and up to 750GB of storage (HDD) with SSD options.
The M11x R3's Intel Sandy Bridge processor options ensure a high level of power equal to or greater than previous Intel chips while consuming less battery life than 1st generation Intel Core i processors. Its Nvidia 500-series mobile graphics allow the M11x R3 to handle the newest DirectX 11 titles at higher settings with minimal slowdown while providing high definition video playback. Meanwhile, the M11x R3's Solid State Drive options allow users to speed up system performance due to far superior read/write speeds as compared to traditional hard drives.
- Intel Core i5 2537M and i7 2617M processor options
- Up to 16GB of RAM
- Up to 750GB HDD, up to 256GB SSD
- Nvidia 500-series mobile graphics
- 11.6" LCD display (1366 x 768)
- High-definition 5.1 Performance Audio
- 2.0 Megapixel HD Video and Picture Camera with dual digital microphones
- 1x HDMI 1.4 Audio and Video Output