The Dell Studio XPS 9000 is a sleek, streamlined personal computer that comes with top of the line processors for 2009, the Intel Core i7 and i7 Extreme Edition. It is built with tri-channel DDR3 memory for high speed work, while the 6 DIMM slots allow the consumer to expand the computer to fit their personal needs. The Dell Studio XPS 9000 comes with Intel Dynamic Speed Technology which delivers 8-threaded performance on 4 cores, making multitasking a lot easier than on your everyday average computer. It offers a choice of ATI Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards, a choice that makes the machine great for gaming or other programs that require a strong graphical background. A Blue-ray Disc drive is optional while the 7.1 audio is integrated and takes full use of the HDMI port which can be used to connect to an external monitor or TV. One unusual feature of the Dell Studio XPS 9000 is the design - it has a recessed media tray on the top of the machine complete with three USB ports, a perfect place to rest an iPod or another small USB device.
- Intel® Core i7
- Intel® X58 Chipset
- Up to Intel® CoreTM i7 975 Processor Extreme Edition (3.20GHz 1066MHz FSB, 8MB L2 Cache)
- Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium 64-Bit or Genuine Windows Vista® Ultimate 64-Bit
- Up to 24GB Tri-Channel 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM5 - 6 DIMMs
- Six (6) user-accessible DIMM connectors, Installed in three for Tri-Channel memory performance
- Discrete graphics options from ATI and Nvidia® with Blu-Ray DiscTM playback capability
- Intel® 7.1 channel High Definition Audio
- Up to 1.5TB configured with a 7200 RPM8 SATA hard drive
- Up to 4.5TB configured with 3 hard drive bays utilized.
- With two hard disk drives, optional RAID 0 (striping) or RAID 1
- Weight: about 40 lbs (20.01 kg)
- Height: 19.4" (49.3 cm)
- Width: 7.8" (19.8 cm)
- Depth: 20.7" (52.8cm)