The T7400 is a high-end model in Dell's Precision line of desktop computers. It features a dual-socket version of Intel's business-class, energy-efficient Xeon architecture. The T7400 is highly scalable, and can be built to deliver ultra-high performance in the most complex, graphics-intensive workstation applications. Buyers can upgrade from dual dual-core, 1.86GHz Intel Xeon processors, to one of nine dual quad-core options (8 cores total) in Intel's Xeon 5500 series, with clock speeds ranging up to 3.20 GHz. In its lowest configuration, the T7400 features 2 GB of RAM and an 80GB hard drive, but it can be upgraded to 6 GB of RAM (although up to 128 GB are supported) and 1.5 TB of storage capacity, with space for additional drives. The T7400 also supports dual graphics, and is available with a range of graphics cards, from cheaper, 256MB models to a 4.0GB GDDR3 option in the form of the NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800. With broad customizability, Dell aims to satisfy a wide range of upscale business needs with the Precision T7400.
- Processor options:
- Dual Intel Xeon E5502 (Dual-core, 1.86 GHz, 4.8GT/s FSB, 4MB L3)
- Dual Intel Xeon 5500 series (Quad-core, 2.00 - 3.20 GHz, 4.8-6.4GT/s FSB, 4-8MB L3)
- Intel 5400 chipset
- Intel Turbo Mode
- 2 - 6 GB RAM
- 80 GB - 1.5 TB hard drive
- NVIDIA Quadro or ATI FirePro graphics
- 8 USB 2.0 ports
- Chassis: 22.3" x 8.5" x 21.2"
- Windows Vista Ultimate or Business, 32- or 64-bit, with optional XP downgrade
- Available with Dell monitor, or dual monitors