The Dell Inspiron 531 is one of several models of mainstream consumer PCs in Dell's streamlined product lineup. The Inspiron line replaces the older Dimension lineup, with few models. The 531 is the AMD-based, mini-tower model in the lineup, with the 530 representing it's Intel counterpart. For each of these models, there are respective slimline versions with the 531s and 530s. The middle of the road configuration for this desktop PC includes an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 5000+ and runs about $650 with the inclusion of a 19" LCD monitor.
- CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 5000+ (2.6 GHz, dual-core)
- Memory: 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz- 2DIMMs
- Hard drive:320GB SATA @ 7200RPM w/ DataBurst Cache
- Mainboard: ??? (please provide info)
- Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE Integrated Graphics GPU
- O/S: Windows Vista Home Premium
- Monitor: 19 inch SE198WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
- Price: $650 /w free shipping
There are many configurations of this desktop ranging from an AMD 4000+ to a 6000+ CPU with many RAM, hard drive, video card, and monitor upgrades. The Inspiron 531 is only available with your choice of Vista operating system pre-installed, with the Inspiron 530 still available in Windows XP options. The Dell Inspiron 531 received CNET's Editor's choice in June 2007. Start customizing your system and dell.com.