The Cuisinart GR-4N Griddler includes five different ways of cooking, including a contact grill, a full grill, a full griddle, a Panini press or a half grill and half griddle. It can cook both sides of food with the lid shut or the lid opens with the handle and hinge to provide two flat cooking surfaces. The cooking plates are removable to switch between different cooking styles and settings allow the user to choose the method, temperature and other functions.
When the lid is completely open and the grill plates are installed, this unit becomes a full grill to cook barbecue foods like steak and burgers. In this mode, the food needs to be flipped to cook evenly on both sides.
When the lid is completely open and the griddle plates are installed, the unit becomes a full griddle with two flat cooking surfaces. In this mode, it can be used for breakfast foods like breakfast meats and eggs. The two separate surfaces makes it easy to cook different kinds of foods at once.
When the lid is closed over the food and the grill plates are installed, the unit is a contact grill. This method has a smaller cooking space and the foods need to be the same thickness, but it cooks both sides at once for even and quick cooking.
When the lid is closed over a sandwich or quesadilla, the unit becomes a Panini press. The grill plates should be used in this mode to create grill marks on the food. Use the lid handle and hinge to adjust to the thickness of the sandwich and to press down on it.
Half Grill/Half Griddle
Opening the lid all the way and installing a grill plate on one side and a griddle plate on the other makes the unit a half grill and a half griddle to cook a variety of foods at once.
- Base and Cover: Has strong construction and a stainless steel cover that hinges
- Removable and Reversible Cooking Plates: Each cooking plate is a grill plate on one side and a griddle plate on the other, which are nonstick and dishwasher-safe
- Panini-Style Handle: The handle is used to create two flat cooking surfaces by opening the lid or to cook both sides of the food at once by closing and adjusting the lid for thickness
- Plate Release Buttons: Pushing these releases the grill plates for reversing and cleaning
- Hinge Release Lever: This lever allows the lid to open all the way for two flat cooking surfaces
Turn the Griddler off and unplug it before cleaning. Do not clean it for at least 30 minutes after it is turned off. First, clean the plates with the cleaning tool. Press the plate release buttons to remove the plates and clean them by hand or load them in the dishwasher. Use a dry or damp cloth to clean the base.
Add New Resource