The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB sound card is an external sound card that converts integrated laptop sound output into a 5.1-channel setup. Intended to replace native motherboard audio, the card features THX's TruStudio Pro technology, which enhances audio depth and improves bass response. DTS and Dolby Digital Recording codecs can be added with a free software download to enhance movie sound, as well. RCA and optical audio out are featured on the side, as are headphone and microphone jacks. Installation is straightforward. The unit itself is housed in a compact case and has a mounted control knob to adjust volume.
- Bus-powered USB 2.0 sound card
- Gold-plated RCA stereo and optical digital out
- Microphone and headphone jacks
- Includes IR remote (with mute and volume control)
- Uses THX TruStudio Pro
- Creates 5.1-channel environment
- X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB sound card
- Quick start leaflet
- USB cable
- Stereo RCA to minijack adapter
- Installation CD
- The X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB sound card is compatible with Microsoft Windows XP (Professional x64 Edition, Service Pack 2 or above), Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
- To install the card, users need an Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD equivalent processor, 2.2 GHz or faster; 1 GB RAM; at least 600 MB free hard disk space; an available USB 2.0 port; and a CD/DVD drive for software installation.
- Note that this sound card is not compatible with Apple computers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the headphone port to connect another set of speakers?
Will this work for a non-surround sound stero?
Yes, it works for basic right and left sound systems.
Add New FAQ
- Speaker/Headphone Support Stereo with dedicated headphone amplifier
- Connection Type USB 2.0