The Craftsman Professional 42" Briggs & Stratton 24 hp 28980 is a high-end gas powered riding mower identical to the Craftsman Professional 42" Briggs & Stratton 24 hp 28672. The only difference between the 28980 and the 28672 is that the 28672 is only available in California while the 28980 is available throughout the rest of North America. As such, the 28980 sports all the same features as the 28672, including a 24 hp Briggs & Stratton OHV V-Twin engine, a foot pedal hydrostatic automatic transmission with cruise control and an adjustable deck with 12 cutting heights between 1.5" and 4".
The 28980's 24 hp Briggs & Stratton OHV V-Twin engine provides it with superior power, performance and durability, ensuring optimal operation in even the harshest conditions as well as a long operating life. Its foot pedal hydrostatic automatic transmission provides the 28980 with a comfortable and intuitive operating interface while its cruise control function provides even further ease of use. Additionally, the 28980's adjustable deck ensures a smooth, even cut while virtually eliminating scalping.
- 24 hp Briggs & Stratton OHV V-Twin engine
- 42" precision cut mowing system
- Foot pedal hydrostatic automatic transmission with cruise control
- 12 cutting heights ranging from 1.5-4"
- 4 deck wheels, 12" turning radius
- Reverse mow functionality
- Premium fender flares with grab handles