Introduced in late August 2008, the Cowon S9 Curve is a powerful portable media device. Including a 3.3" 480 x 272 pixel touchscreen, the device is shorter and narrower than the first generation iPod Touch. Initially shipping with 8 or 16GB of internal flash storage, a 32GB version will follow after launch. Inside, the device features a 500MHz dual-core CPU, T-DMB digital television tuner, Bluetooth, FM radio, TV-out, and G-Sensor accelerometer. Rumors of a delay were recently dismissed with the first shipments going out on December 15th 2008. Prices were also announced in the press release - undercutting the Apple iPod Touch by $40-60. The 8GB model will retail for $199.99 while the 16GB version will come in at $239.99.
- Capacity: 8,16 and eventually 32GB SSD
- Screen: 3.3" LCD Touchscreen, 480 x 272px, 16m colours
- Supported Audio Codecs: MP3, WMA, OGG, FLAC, WAV
- Supported Video Codecs: MPEG-4 SP, WMV9 SP, H.264 BP
- Battery life: 40 hours audio or 8 hours of video
- Dimensions: 57.08 x 105.75 x 12.7 mm