The Coleman Octagon 98 is a rather large 8 person tent. It has 2 doors, a full coverage fly, lots of mesh and great ventilation. The mostly mesh body provides great ventilation in conjunction with the 2 Door windows, mesh roof and Fly Vents. The Frame is a Powder Coated Steel (resists rust and corrosion). One of the doors is Hinged and opens and closes very easily. The other is a standard tent 'D' door. The floor is a rugged Bathtub style polyethylene, with sonic welded seams, that will last for years. And the Fly has 6 Vertical Zippers that can be opened for even more ventilation.
- Color Coded Poles help set up.
- 6 full length vertical zippers on the Fly (1 on each side, except for the doors) can be opened to expose inner mesh walls and improve ventilation.
- Full coverage Fly - envelops the tent except for the doors which are waterproof and have Storm Flaps on the windows and waterproof panels.
- Mostly mesh body provides great ventilation.
- Mesh Roof increases ventilation and comfort.
- 4 Inner Mesh Storage Pockets with Cup Holders.
- Fly Vents on roof improve ventilation and reduce condensation.
- Powder Coated Steel Frame resists rust and corrosion.
- Door windows are hooded so you can keep them open in rain and still get good ventilation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How big is the footprint for a tarp under it?
Any tarp larger than 12-12 will work.
I'm concerned about the rainfly zippers being on the outside of the tent. Does that become a problem or annoyance?
The zippers really aren't an issue. Zipping them up and folding the rainfly back is fairly easy to do. Now, if it were to suddenly downpour you would have to go outside to zip them up, other than that no issue. They don't zip completely off, they only zip up high enough to fold them back and let in the breeze.
Can you leave the windows open in the rain?
The rain fly is on the outside of the windows. Depending on the direction I suppose you could but would probably get wet. You could probably lease the door open as there is an over hang built in.
Add New FAQ
Inner Privacy wall that can be used in multiple spots in the tent to create different room configurations. External Guy Out Loops - keep the tent stable in wind.
All carry bags, stakes included.
- Number Of Doors 2
- Pole Type Steel
Add New Resource