The Cobra XRS R8 is a high-end radar/laser detector similar to the Cobra XRS R7. The main improvements that the XRS R8 boasts over the XRS R7 are its 15-band protection (as opposed to the XRS R7's 12-band protection) and optional AURA database. Otherwise, the two radar detectors sport the same features, namely an IntelliLink 2.4GHz Digital Wireless Remote System design.
The XRS R8's 15-band protection ensures detection of 7 radar (X Band, K Band, Ka Superwide, Ku Band, VG-2, Spectre I and Spectre IV+), 6 laser (LTI 20-20, Ultra Lyte, ProLaser, ProLaser III, Stalker LIDAR and Speedlaser) and 2 safety signals (Safety Alert and Strobe Alert) for optimal coverage of most modern radar and laser devices. Its optional AURA Camera and Driving database allows the XRS R8 to warn you of speeding and red light cameras by way of its GPS-enabled, update-able system. Additionally, the XRS R8's IntelliLink 2.4GHz Digital Wireless Remote System separates the control and detection mechanisms, allowing for more freedom of placement while still offering ease-of-use.
- IntelliLink 2.4GHz Digital Wireless Remote System
- 15-band detection covers 7 radar, 6 laser and 2 safety signals
- Super-Xtreme Range Superheterodyne detection technology
- Full Color ExtremeBright DataGrafix Display
- Optional AURA Camera and Driving database
- IntelliShield False Signal Rejection
- SmartPower automatically shuts off power to the unit when ignition is turned off
- Stay Set Electronic Memory