The Cobra XRS 999 is a mid-range to high-end radar/laser detector similar to the Cobra XRS 979. The main improvement that the XRS 999 boasts over the XRS 979 is a Full Color ExtremeBright DataGrafix II display (the XRS 979 sports a Cool Blue ExtremeBright DataGrafix display). Otherwise, the two radar detectors sport the same detection features, including 15-band detection and Super-Xtreme Range Superheterodyne detection technology.
The XRS 999's Full Color ExtremeBright DataGrafix II display offers a bright and easy-to-read OLED menu system which allows users to select a colour scheme in orderto better integrate with the car's dash illumination. Its 15-band detection allows the XRS 999 to cover 7 radar, 6 laser and 2 safety signals, including X Band, K Band, Ka Superwide, Ku Band, LTI 20-20, Ultra Lyte, ProLaser and ProLaser III as well as Safety Alert and Strobe Alert for advance warning of emergency vehicles. Additionally, the XRS 999's Super-Xtreme Range Superheterodyne detection technology offers extremely fast radar lock-on and detection as well as a very large maximum detection range.
- 15-band detection covers 7 radar, 6 laser and 2 safety signals
- Full Color ExtremeBright DataGrafix II display
- Super-Xtreme Range Superheterodyne
- Spectre I Undedectable and Spectre Alert I/IV+ technology
- Optional AURA Camera and Driving Database
- IntelliShield False Signal Rejection
- SmartPower automatically shuts off power to the unit when ignition is turned off
- 8-Point Electronic Compass