The Cobra XRS 979 is a mid-range to high-end radar/laser detector which offers total protection against all radar and laser systems. Its 15-band detection covers the entire spectrum of radar and laser signals while its Spectre I Undedectable and Spectre Alert I/IV+ provide protection against radar detector detectors. Additionally, the XRS 979's optional AURA Camera and Driving Database offers additional protection against speed and red light cameras.
The XRS 979's 15-band detection covers 7 radar, 6 laser and 2 safety signals, including: X Band, K Band, Ka Superwide, Ku Band, VG-2, Spectre I, Spectre IV+ (radar) and LTI 20-20, Ultra Lyte, ProLaser, ProLaser III, Stalker LIDAR, Speedlaser (laser). Safety signals include Safety Alert and Strobe Alert, ensuring very broad protection. Its Spectre I Undetectable technology makes the XRS 979 completely invisible to Spectre I radar detector detectors while its Spectre Alert I/IV+ technology offers advance warning of Spectre I/IV+ radar detector detectors. Meanwhile, the XRS 979's optional AURA Camera and Driving Database offers users access to a speed and red light camera database covering the United States and Canada for further protection.
- 15-band detection covers 7 radar, 6 laser and 2 safety signals
- Spectre I Undedectable and Spectre Alert I/IV+ technology
- Optional AURA Camera and Driving Database
- Cool Blue ExtremeBright DataGrafix Display
- IntelliShield False Signal Rejection
- SmartPower automatically shuts off power to the unit when ignition is turned off
- 8-Point Electronic Compass
- Super-Xtreme Range Superheterodyne