The Clevo W880CU is a high-end gaming notebook, released in mid-2010. This 17-inch PC offers three levels of Intel processor choices, the Nvidia GeForce GTX 480M graphics card and a variety of other add-ons. The step-down W870CU model is differentiated by fewer processor choices, but a larger selection of mid-range graphics choices from both Nvidia and AMD.
The Clevo W880CU presents users the choice between the Intel Core i3, i5 and Core i7 processor, with clock speeds up to 2.66 GHz. The Nvidia GTX 480M comes standard with 2 GB of GDDR5 RAM, DirectX 11, PhysX and CUDA support. System memory is facilitated by up to 8 GB of DDR3 RAM, which should accommodate most users. A single USB 3.0 port lines the side of the notebook for connecting compatible accessories. Besides an optional Blu-ray/DVD drive, two additional 2.5” SATA bays can be loaded with hard drives for storage purposes. The Clevo W880CU weights 4 kg, or about 8 lb. including the battery.
- Intel Core i3/i5/i7 CPU choices
- 17.3" LCD display (16:9)
- 1600 x 900 or 1920 x 1200 resolution
- DDR3 memory (8 GB max.)
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 480M graphics
- 3x USB 2.0 ports / 1x USB 3.0 port
- Blu-ray Disc drive option
- HDMI, S/PDIF digital output
- 3-in-1 card reader
- Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Intel Core i5/i7 processor choices
- 4 GB DDR3 memory (max.)
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 280M, GTX 285M, GTS 360M, Quatro FX2800M, ATI HD 5870 options
- 7-in-1 card reader