The HiBore XLS is a moderately priced driver which features a 17% larger face when compared to its predecessor, Cleveland’s HiBore XL. Until 2009’s HiBore Monster XLS was released, 2008’s HiBore XLS was Cleveland’s largest-faced club which still remained within the USGA’s maximum club head dimensions. With this driver, Cleveland utilizes distance driven geometry, which physically places the weight of the club deeper within the head. This driver’s MOI (moment of inertia) is rated at 5300, and enables players to achieve greater consistency with their shots. This full face performance feature means player’s golf balls will go not only longer, but also straighter. This increase in game performance is enabled by the HiBore XLS’ energy transfer core, which is a system of lightweight titanium spines designed to efficiently direct impact energy to the ball.
The Cleveland HiBore XLS is available in standard, draw and tour models for both left and right-handed players. Available lofts include 8.5°, 9.5°, 10.5° and 11.5°. Available graphite shafts include Fujikura Flightspeed Fit-On gold or red.
- right and left handed models
- 17% Larger face than the HiBore XL
- maximum MOI produces Full Face Performance
- lofts: 8.5°, 9.5°, 10.5°, 11.5°
- graphite shafts: Fujikura Flightspeed Fit-On gold, Fujikura Flightspeed Fit-On red
- Cleveland HiBore XLS Standard: square face angle, neutral weighting (MSRP: $199.99)
- Cleveland HiBore XLS Draw: 3° closed face, offset design, draw biased weighting (MSRP: $199.99)
- Cleveland HiBore XLS Tour: 2° open face, fade biased weighting (MSRP: $199.99)