The CG7 is a set of golfing irons from Cleveland. The CG7’s are considered “game improvement” irons because they feature added performance enhancing technology, opposed to the standard and less complicated counterparts, called “blades.” The CG7’s feature one piece injection-made inserts, which Cleveland calls “360° Gelback Technology.” These are designed to fill the entire head of the golf club, providing vibration dampening for the club’s overall feel. The CG7’s also feature “Dynamic Microcavity Technology,” which optimizes the center of gravity amongst the various CG7 irons. This feature places the clubs’ weighting low and deep, providing increased distance, speed and accuracy for most golfers. Finally, these irons come equipped with independent heel/toe weighting, which improves MOI (moment of inertia) by 6% when compared to standard irons. This means increased forgiveness for off-center hits. Golfers looking for reasonably forgiving set of irons that are designed to project shots long and straight are likely to find these to be a suitable choice.
- game improvement injection-made inserts (360° Gelback Technology)
- 6% increase in MOI (Heel/Toe Muscle Weighting)
- low and deep weighting (Dynamic Microcavity Technology)
- right and left-handed models
- lofts: 21°, 24°, 27°, 30°, 33.5°, 37°, 41°, 45°, 50°, 55° (irons 3-SW)
- shafts: Cleveland Golf steel and graphite