Universal Smartphone Garage Door ControllerMyQ. Stay close. Stay Connected. Chamberlain products enabled with MyQ technology now allow you the ability to use your smartphone as a garage door opener as well as operate outdoor lights and house lamps.
This innovative new feature awards you amazing convenience and incredible peace of mind as you can now monitor any MyQ enabled product from near or far with the MyQ Home Control app. From anywhere in the world, the MyQ Home Control App you're able to: Control outdoor lights and your garage door using a Smartphone Get notified if your garage door opens or if a light was left on Know if your garage door opened while you were away Stay close. Stay connected. Stay in control with MyQ technology.
- Know when your garage door is open and close it from anywhere
- Monitor, open and close your garage door from anywhere with your smartphone Receive alerts when the garage door opens or closes
- Works with most major brands of garage door opener made after 1993 Installs in minutes and works with your home's Wi-Fi
- Free App No other systems necessary and no monthly service charges
- Included: Wi-Fi Hub, Power Cord, Mounting Bracket, Door Sensor, Instructions for free app download
No more worries about whether the door is open and your home exposed, no more driving back home to check. If the door is open, close it with your phone. You can also open the garage door for deliveries or to let in a family member who has forgotten a key.
You'll receive alerts any time your garage door opens, so you'll know when kids are home safely from school or other family members have arrived. Alerts will also let you know if you forgot to close the door when you left home.
MyQ Garage works with most major brands of garage door openers made after 1993. For more detail about garage door compatibility, use our Compatibility Tool at Chamberlain.com/MyQGarage
- Mount the Wi-Fi Hub near the garage door opener and plug into the outlet.
- Attach the Door Sensor to the upper panel inside of your garage door.
- After connecting the Wi-Fi Hub to your home network, download the free Chamberlain MyQ app and the app will walk you through the process of programming your garage door opener.
- Open and close your garage door from anywhere with your smartphone with free app
- Receive automated alerts when your garage door opens
- Works with most major brands of garage door openers made after 1993
- Easy installation — takes only about 30 minutes
- No systems necessary and no monthly service charges
- Backed by 1-year limited warranty
- iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5
- iPod touch (3rd, 4th, and 5th generation)
- Android phones (2.x and later)
- Most Android tablets (Android 2.x and later)
- Other smartphones and tablets access controls via mobile Web site
- Most garage door openers manufactured after 1993
- Sectional garage door (not for use on one-piece panel doors)
Wi-Fi hub, door sensor, mounting bracket and screws, power cord, instructions for free app download
Frequently Asked Questions
Will MyQ Garage work with my existing garage door opener?
MyQ Garage works with most major brands of garage door openers made after 1993. Compatibility is based on whether existing garage doors and openers are equipped with adequate safety features, such as sensor eyes. For more information about compatibility, visit Chamberlain.com/MyQGarage
Will MyQ Garage work with the model of phone I use?
You must have an Internet-capable smartphone. Free apps are available for the Apple iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5 and Android phones (2.x and later). If you own a different model of smartphone, you can still use MyQ Garage by accessing controls via a mobile Web site.
What if I don't own a smartphone?
The MyQ app is available for iPod touch (3rd, 4th and 5th generation), and tablets with Android operating systems (2.x and later). You can also set up MyQ Garage with any laptop, desktop computer or any device that is connected to your home's Wi-Fi network.
Can I install MyQ Garage myself? If so, what tools and skills will I need?
It takes about 30 minutes to install MyQ Garage. You'll need a step ladder and basic tools to attach the Wi-Fi hub to the ceiling near your garage door opener. The hardware installation process is not difficult, but you must be able to work comfortably and safely on a ladder. The garage door sensor attaches to the top panel of your garage door with self-adhesive strips (you can use included screws if you prefer). From there, step-by-step instructions will walk you through the process of connecting to your Wi-Fi network, downloading the app, programming your garage door opener to MyQ Garage and completing a registration process.
If I lose my phone, will my garage door be accessible to whoever finds my phone?
There are password settings built into the MyQ app so that controls will be accessible to only you.
If I'm somewhere without cell phone reception, will MyQ Garage still work?
Cell phone reception and a data plan is necessary for MyQ Garage to function from a smartphone.
Once I buy and install MyQ Garage, what other fees or service charges apply?
None. There are no expensive home automation systems necessary, no monthly services charges and no ongoing fees.
Add New FAQ
- Average Battery Life 3 years
- Batteries 1 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)
- Wattage 3 watts
- Power Source Corded-Electric
- Material Metal, Plastic
- Origin USA