Bionic Commando Rearmed is a remake of the popular NES action-platformer video game originally released in 1988 by Capcom. Capcom has collaborated with Swedish game developer GRIN to create a re-stylized and next-gen version of the 2-D game to be released for the Xbox 360 (Xbox Live Arcade), PS3 (Playstation Network, and PC. Game trailer footage is now available for download on Xbox Live!
- Significantly improved graphics, textures and sound
- 2-player co-operative play
- Online play and leaderboards
- Enhanced in-game firepower, weapons, and bionic arm action
- Unlock downloadable content for the upcoming 3-D Bionic Commando
- Bionic Commando Rearmed is a 2-D platformer prequel to the upcoming 3-D version of Bionic Commando due out later for the Xbox 360, PS3, and Windows.
- The Xbox Live! version will feature lower resolution graphics than the PS3 and PC versions because of the 150 MB download limitation of Live!
Bionic Commando Rearmed is scheduled for released May 21st, 2008 and is expected to retail for either $10. A user poll conducted on the website asking what the game should sell for (ie. either $10 or $15) resulted in this price point. Bionic Commando Rearmed will be available for download on Xbox Live!, Playstation Network, and the web for the PC.