The Canon ES8400V is an easy to use and affordable analog 8mm camcorder offered by Canon that is targeted at casual shooters. This Hi8 camcorder offers a 22x optical zoom with a 800x digital zoom, a flip out 2.5 inch color LCD viewscreen and a monochrome viewfinder to preserve battery life. It is a very easy to use camera that employs point-and-shoot simplicity, without the need to worry about exposure and white balance. The Canon developed exclusive FlexiZone lets you align the focus on your subject even if they are not in the center of the frame, while the automatic mode will self adjust to the shooting conditions. For a bit of creative flair, there are several digital effects that can be used during recording, such as Art, Black and White, Sepia, Negative, Mirror, Mosaic, 16:9 and Cinema at the touch of a button. There is also an onboard light so it is ready for almost any shooting condition.
- Power Supply: 7.2 V DC
- Power Consumption: 4.1 W
- Television System: EIA standard (525 lines, 60 fields) NTSC color signal; Recording System: 2 rotary heads, helical scanning system
- Video Recording System; Luminance Signal: FM azimuth recording
- Video Recording System; Chrominance Signal: Converted subcarrier phase shift recording (8mm video standard)
- Audio Recording System: Frequency multiplexing with the video signal by 2 rotary heads (1 channel)
- Image Sensor: 1/4" CCD (charge-coupled device), 270,000 pixels (250,000 effective pixels)
- Tape Format: Hi8 videocassette, metal particle
- Tape Speed: 9/16 ips (14.345 mm/s)
- Maximum Recording Time: 2 1/2 hours with a P6-150 cassette fast forward rewind.
- Lens: f/1.6-3.8, 22X power zoom, 3.6-79.2mm focal lenght.
- Focusing System: TTL autofocus/manual focusing possible
- Minimum Focusing Distance: Wide-angle end: 3/8 (1 cm)
- Minimum Illumination: 0.21x
- Filter Diameter: 46mm
- Electronic Viewfinder: Monochrome Viewfinder
- Microphone: Electret condenser Microphone
- Output Level; Video terminal: 1 Vp-p/75 ohms unbalanced
- Output Level; Audio Terminals: -10 dBV, less than 2.2 kohms, unbalanced
- Operating Temperature: 32° - 104$deg;F (0° - 40°C)
- Dimensions: 4 x 4 x 6 5/8 in. (102 x 103 x 179.5mm)
- Weight: 1lb.11oz. (770 g)