The Canon Elura 90 is a miniDV camcorder that is a part of Canon's line of Elura camcorders designed to be used for everday events, like a family vacation, a graduation or sporting events. This camera is simple to use and has several features to ensure a high video and photo quality, such as Canon's exclusive DIGIC DV image processor for accurate colors and Canon's advanced DV Photo Plus technology, which combines Genuine Canon Optics and a Mega Pixel CCD image sensor. It is capable of recording in 16:9 widescreen with true high resolution from edge to edge, and can easily be switched between 4:3 and 16:9 mode. This model features a 20x opitical zoom lens, a 0.33" TFT viewfinder and a 2.5" LCD screen. It uses MiniDV cassettes which are capable of recording 80 minutes on SP or 120 minutes on LP and also features a USB 2.0 port and SD memory card slot. This model also has an advanced acessory shoe not seen on lower models which allows easy addition of a flash light, directional stereo microphone or video light. Other notable features include PictBridge compatiblity for easy photo printing, an included remote control and several faders and special effect options.
- Image Sensor: 1/4.5-inch CCD, approx. 1,330,000 pixels
- Effective pixels:
- tape: approx. 690,000 pixels (4:3)
- tape: approx. 920,000 pixels (16:9/Image Stabilizer Off)
- card: approx. 1,230,000 pixels
- Tape Format: Video cassettes bearing the DV mark
- Maximum Recording Time (with an 80-min. cassette): SP: 80 min., LP: 120 min.
- Lens: f=3.5-70mm, f/1.8-3.5, 20x power zoom
- Minimum Illumination: 1.8 lx (using the Night Mode)
- Recommended Illumination: More than 100 lx
- Filter Diameter: 34mm
- Viewfinder: 0.33-inch. TFT color, approx. 113,000 pixels
- LCD Screen: 2.5-inch. TFT color, approx. 123,000 pixels
- Dimensions: 2.8 x 3.1 x 5.2 in. (72 x 78 x 131mm) excluding protrusions
- Weight (not including lens and battery pack): 1.1 lbs. (500g)