The Canon DC210 is an affordable, starter DVD camcorder offered by Canon. This camera gives you the image quality you'd expect from Canon with a genuine Canon 35x optical zoom and the performance of DVD technology built in the camera giving you the ability to record directly to DVD. It has a very compact size and uses 3" (80cm) DVD-R/-RW discs that are compatible with most DVD players and can store up to 30 minutes in standard mode or 60 minutes in long play. You can also use DVD-R DL (dual layer) discs that can store up to 108 minutes of video. The random access and easy editing lets you quickly browse through your footage and without having to search and you can arrange your shots giving some simple editing abilities, and it can also be used as a still camera. The Canon DC210 weight only 0.88lbs, and has a 0.27" TFT view finder and a 2.7" LCD screen.
- Audio Recording system: Dolby Digital 2ch (AC-3 2 ch)
- Image Sensor: 1/6-inch CCD, approx. 680,000 pixels
- Total Pixels: Approx. 680,000
- Effective Pixels; Movies: approx. 340,000 (4:3)
- Effective Pixels; Movies: approx. 450,000/360,000 (16:9 IS* OFF/ON)
- Effective Pixels; Still Images: approx. 450,000
- Maximum recording time; Single layer: 1.4GB - XP: 20min., SP: 30min., LP: 60min.
- Maximum recording time; Dual Layer: 2.8GB - XP: 36min., SP. 54min., LP: 108min.
- Lens: f = 2.6 - 91 mm, f/2.0 - 5.0, 35x power zoom
- Minimum Illumination: 2 lx (using Night Mode)
- Recommended Illumination: More than 100 lx
- Viewfinder: .27-inch TFT Color, approx. 123,000 pixels
- LCD Screen: 2.7-inch TFT Color, approx. 123,000 pixels
- Recording Media: DVD-R/-RW/-R DL
- Dimensions: 2.1 x 3.5 x 5 in. (154 x90 x128mm)
- Weight (not including lens and battery pack): .88 lbs