The Canon REALiS X700 is a low-end to mid-range projector very similar to the Canon REALiS SX800. Like the SX800, the X700 features LCOS (Liquid Crystal On Silicon) technology and Canon's proprietary AISYS optical engine for enhanced optical quality. Unlike the SX800, though, the X700 features an improved brightness rated at 4000 ANSI Lumens (as opposed to the SX800's 3000 Lumens) as well as a 1.7x Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens which provides greater range flexibility for projection.
The REALiS X700's LCOS technology allows for greater sharpness and higher resolutions while eliminating flickering for quicker image response, smoother rendition of fine lines and sharper display of small text. Similarly, the REALiS X700's AISYS light engine ensures improved optical performance by way of new optical elements, redesigned polarizing beam splitters, and a reconfigured optical layout for an improved light efficiency and expanded color space. Additionally, the REALiS X700's 4000 ANSI Lumens brightness allows for a 1000:1 contrast ratio while its 1.7x Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens provides a diagonal screen size range of 40" (at a projection distance of 3.9') up to 300".
- LCOS (Liquid Crystal On Silicon) technology
- AISYS optical engine
- 1.7x Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens
- Brightness: 4000 Lumens
- Inputs: S-Video, Composite, Component, VGA, DVI-I, Audio, USB, Component 5BNC (with optional accessory), RS-232 (for control systems)
- 1400x1050 max resolution, allows for 720P High Definition playback
- Zoom: 1.7x Powered, 12x Digital