Introduced in 2003, the CanoScan LiDE 80 was an early LED based flatbed scanner. It was targetted at high end consumer and business users, though these features are now considered mid range. It has 4 buttons: copy, scan, file, email.
There are widespread complaints that this scanner is not supported in Windows 7. However, with Windows 7 Windows XP Mode the scanner works with the oringinal software and drivers.
It was powered completely through USB. It did not require a warm-up period, which improvement the time to scan a page over most scanners. It had a smart metal lid that looks better than most of the subsequent models, which have switched to plastic.
It is the predecessor to the CanoScan LiDE 210 and siilar models.
It included a light for scanning film.
It could scan an A4 sized page in black and white in about 14 seconds (up to 600dpi), and a color page in 20 seconds (up to 300 dpi). Higher resolutions are supported, but the page speed is much worse.
- 4 buttons
- High Speed Scanning
- Vertical and Horizontal scanning operation
- 1 year limited manufacturer's warranty
- Scanner Type: Flatbed Color Image
- Scanning Element: Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Light Source: Three Color (RGB) LEDs
- Scanning Modes
- Color: 48-bit internal / 48- or 24-bit external
- Grayscale: 16-bit input / 8-bit external
- Black and White: 1 bit external
- Maximum Document Size Supported: 216 x 297 mm (8.5" x 11.7")
- Software Included:
- CanoScan toolbox
- ScanSoft OmniPage OCR softaware
- Operating System Compatibility
- Windows XP/2000
- Windows 98/ME
- MAC OS X v.10.1
- MAX OS 9.x
- Power Source: Supplied via USB port
- Max Power Consumption: 2.5W (1.4W Standby)
- Operating environment:
- 5° - 35°C
- Operating Humidity: 10% - 90% RH
- Unit Dimensions:
- 258 x 374 x 38 mm (10.1" (W) x 14.7" (D) x 1.5" (H))
- Weight: 4.0 lbs.
- Resolution: 2400 x 4800 dpi
- Data interface: USB 2.0
Add New Resource