The Canon SELPHY CP510 is a basic dye sublimation photo printer, and it is intended solely for photo printing use. It is capable of printing 256 levels per color and adds a protective coating to photos which resists UV damage. Its print resolution is 300 dpi. The CP510 can print directly from PictBridge enabled digital cameras, or wirelessly from Bluetooth devices. It is compact and portable, and can optionally be used with batteries. Photos are supposed to be long lasting (up to about 100 years in a photo album) and a 4" x 6" prints in about one minute, with print material (ink and paper) cost of about 28 cents per print. It can connect to PCs or cameras using USB type B and A, respectively.
- Released September 2005
- Dye-sublimation photo printer
- Adds protective coating after color layers
- 256 levels per color
- 300 dpi print resolution
- Portable, optional battery use
- PictBridge direct printing, Bluetooth wireless printing
- 4" x 6" print in 58 seconds, estimated 28 cents per print
- Max print size 3.94" x 5.83"
- Borderless printing
- Long-lasting prints